Cartridge Sealants are simply thick liquid sealants, usually made of either silicone or acrylic, that are packaged in a cartridge for ease of use and storage.
For this reason, Cartridge Sealants are a wide category and can include:
- Building Sealants – Low modulus, UV and weather-resistant; these sealants are ideal for sealing building joints and glazing systems. They are usually silicone-based and are ideal for perimeter sealing.
- Frame Sealants – mainly used for sealing window frames against moisture; these sealants are UV-proof and weatherproof. Acrylic Frame Sealants can be used for filling gaps in ceilings and windows.
- Fire and Heat Sealants – fire and heat-resistant sealants can be used to help prevent the spread of fire and smoke, making them essential for safety.
- Roof Sealants – UV-proof, weatherproof and mould-resistant; these sealants are designed for use on roofing, for example for repairing guttering or roof sheets.
- Sealant Adhesives – ideal for sealing and adhering at once, Sealant Adhesives adhere to most substrates, making them suitable for both interior and exterior jobs.
- General Multi-Purpose Sealants – a good all-rounder; Multi-Purpose Sealants are usually anti-fungal and UV-resistant, and work well on most materials with their fairly high elasticity.
There is a wide range of uses for Cartridge Sealants, and a whole host of Cartridge Sealants to choose from for every job.
You can discover more about which type of Cartridge Sealant is ideal for your project over on our product pages, which feature further information about each product.